ATHLETE CODE OF CONDUCT
In consideration of the participation in activities of Central Texas Archery, membership on teams organized, sponsored or sanctioned by Central Texas Archery, and participation in competitions (international or domestic), camps, clinics, exhibitions, programs or appearances for, on behalf of or in representation of the USA Archery, I acknowledge, understand, and agree to abide by this Athlete Code of Conduct and pledge to uphold the spirit of this Code of Conduct, which offers a general guide to my conduct. Therefore, I pledge and agree to the following:
- I will at all times display the conduct expected of me as an athlete and a representative of the Central Texas Archery and conduct myself in a manner that will not in any way bring disrespect, discredit, or dishonor to either myself, my teammates, Central Texas Archery, my country or organizer of an event in which I participate.
- I will conform to all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations, and any rules, regulations, and codes that may be established for events, programs, and activities in which I participate, including those of the USA Archery, the Federation Internationale de Tir a I’Arc (“FITA”), the United States Olympic Committee (“USOC”), and any organizer of an event in which I participate.
- I will act in a sportsmanlike manner consistent with the spirit of fair play and responsible conduct.
- I will maintain a level of fitness and competitive readiness which will permit my performance to be at the maximum of my ability.
- I will refrain from conduct detracting from my ability or that of my teammates to attain peak performance.
- I will respect the property of others whether personal or public.
- I will respect members of my team, other teams, spectators and officials, and engage in no form of verbal, physical or sexual harassment or abuse.
- I realize that if I choose to take actions other than those described herein, I will be subject to disciplinary action and that the consequences of my actions could possibly affect my opportunities as an athlete and Central Texas Archery membership in the future. In addition to the foregoing, but not by way of limitation, the following could result in disciplinary proceedings:
- Transporting, possession, or unauthorized use of alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, any IOC or FITA banned medication or substances, or any substances or procedures in violation of the USADA Protocol.
- Any physical damage to facilities, equipment, furnishings, or loss of items in a room where I am lodged, which will be paid for by those individuals assigned to the room in which the damage or loss occurs, including destruction of property (including that caused by horseplay, fighting, or willful misconduct etc.).
- Any act considered to be an offense under federal, state, or local laws; or a violation of the applicable rules, regulations, or codes of the USA Archery, FITA, the USOC, USADA or the organizer of an event in which I participate.
- Misconduct (i.e., inappropriate horseplay, theft, fighting, etc.).
I recognize that this Code does not establish a complete set of rules which prescribes every aspect of appropriate behavior.