Are you guys ready for September? No, not because it MIGHT not be 100+ degrees everyday but because Central Texas Archery will be OPEN for business!!!!!! We are so excited and are crazy busy making sure we are ready to have you all come out and shoot with us!
JOAD Nationals was held in Raleigh, NC July 10-15. We had such a fabulous time! First thing is a HUGE CONGRATS to Quinn H. for her gold medal in the team round. Way to go!!!!! Our other archers had some great rounds, learned new lessons, and got to spend time rubbing elbows with the best youth archers in the country. We also enjoyed getting the Austin kids together for down time “R & R” too. More photos on our Facebook page.
July 23 : Coaches Meeting
– 7:00-8:30 pm
– 4701 Highland Terrace, Austin TX 78731 (Kat’s place)
– Introductory meeting for potential coaches. You do not have to be a USA Archery certified coach to attend this meeting. Here we will discuss the requirements and expectations of our coaches, our coaching philosophy at Central Texas Archery, and the benefits available to CTA coaches. Please RVSP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending.
August 13 – 16: Barn Raising and Open Shooting
– 6 pm to dusk each day
– CTA field 5400 E Howard Lane, Manor, TX 78653
– Volunteers needed! We will be building a storage shed to house the CTA equipment. All are welcome to come help. We will supply drinks and have targets out. Anyone who helps part of the time can shoot on site part of the time too. We will have all of the building supplies on site as well as tools. If you bring your own tools (preferably battery powered), please make sure your name is on them. To RSVP or if you have questions, please contact Eric at Eric@CentralTexasArchery.org.
August 17: Coaches Training
– Details for this event will be provided at the Coaches meeting and via email.
September 4: Classes Begin!
– We plan to begin offering classes on September 4th. Once we have schedules for our coaches, we will make a class and fee schedule and send it out to everyone.
September 9: BBQ and Open Shoot
– We had so much fun we want to do it again! Let’s celebrate the beginning of classes (and hopefully the beginning of cooler weather)! Details to come soon but expect a similar format of shooting first with a potluck following.
October 20-21: CTA Inside Out Fall Tournament
– This will be an indoor style tournament held outside. All participants will shoot at 18 meters to kick off the beginning of indoor season.
– Registration is NOW OPEN. Click here for more info and to register!
FUNdraising in FULL SWING
Thank you to our supporters who have donated!
We have now begun writing grants for equipment and for costs associated with building our indoor range. Every donation that you give can be used to show matching funds which will greatly increase our chances of receiving grants!
Help CTA reach our target this summer! We are hosting a fundraising drive that will enable our non-profit to begin hosting outdoor classes this fall. Once we have our property, we have to buy basic archery equipment. The cost for equipment is $20,000. This is where we need your help. You donation to Central Texas Archery will be 100% used to purchase bows, targets, and other essentials of shooting AND is tax deductible! We can accept donations via cash, check, or by credit card with Paypal. We will be updating our website and Facebook pages to show the progress we are making. Contact Kat at (512) 689-4103 or by email at email@example.com to make a donation.
Kat, Jessica, and Eric
Central Texas Archery