Good morning Archers,
Take Action, Win $$$$!
Central Texas Archery is preparing for the fall semester and we need help from our awesome community of archers. By completing the tasks listed below by August 20th, you will be entered to win a $25 Lancaster Gift Card! Every item you complete is another entry to win!
1.) Become a member of Central Texas Archery. We are offering special pricing for our inaugural members as a thank you for supporting Central Texas Archery. Memberships purchased prior to the start of classes will be good through September 4, 2019 except the lifetime membership which does not expire. To see the member levels, benefits, and pricing, go to www.centraltexasarchery.org/membership-options.
2.) Register for the Inside Out Tournament: October 20-21: This will be an indoor style tournament held outside. All participants will shoot at 18 meters to kick off the beginning of indoor season. Click here for more info and to register!
3.) Designate yourself a member of Central Texas Archery through USA Archery. Log in to your USA Archery account and edit club under your membership. (Only applicable to those with a USA Archery membership.)
4.) Volunteer your time to help us build our storage building: August 13 - 16:
6 pm to dusk each day at the CTA field 5400 E Howard Lane, Manor, TX 78653. We will be building a storage shed to house the CTA equipment. All are welcome to come help. We will supply drinks and have targets out. Anyone who helps part of the time can shoot on site part of the time too. We will have all of the building supplies on site as well as tools. If you bring your own tools (preferably battery powered), please make sure your name is on them. To RSVP or if you have questions, please contact Eric at Eric@CentralTexasArchery.org.
5.) Refer a friend. Life is better with friends! Every person who lists you as a referral when they register as members of Central Texas Archery from now until August 20th gets you an extra entry in the raffle!
Request a Class
We are currently creating the fall class calendar and we need to hear from YOU! Reply to this email if you have preferences on class days and times. We will be offering beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes. We will also have open range time. We want to be open when it is best for you so let us know what would work for you. (There is no commitment to attend classes you suggest and all days/times suggestions may not be accommodated.)
USA Archery Nationals
Good luck to the archers traveling to Ohio to compete soon! Post your photos and fun on our Facebook page.
August 13 - 16: Barn Raising and Open Shooting
- 6 pm to dusk each day
- CTA field 5400 E Howard Lane, Manor, TX 78653
- Volunteers needed! We will be building a storage shed to house the CTA equipment. All are welcome to come help. We will supply drinks and have targets out. Anyone who helps part of the time can shoot on site part of the time too. We will have all of the building supplies on site as well as tools. If you bring your own tools (preferably battery powered), please make sure your name is on them. To RSVP or if you have questions, please contact Eric at Eric@CentralTexasArchery.org.
August 17: Coaches Training
- If you are coaching with CTA, watch for a separate email with details.
September 4: Classes Begin!
- We plan to begin offering classes on September 4th. Once we have schedules for our coaches, we will make a class and fee schedule and send it out to everyone.
September 9: BBQ and Open Shoot
- We had so much fun we want to do it again! Let's celebrate the beginning of classes (and hopefully the beginning of cooler weather)! Details to come soon but expect a similar format of shooting first with a potluck following.
October 20-21: CTA Inside Out Fall Tournament
- This will be an indoor style tournament held outside. All participants will shoot at 18 meters to kick off the beginning of indoor season.
- Registration is NOW OPEN. Click here for more info and to register!
FUNdraising in FULL SWING
Thank you to our supporters who have donated!
We have now begun writing grants for equipment and for costs associated with building our indoor range. Every donation that you give can be used to show matching funds which will greatly increase our chances of receiving grants!
Help CTA reach our target this summer! We are hosting a fundraising drive that will enable our non-profit to begin hosting outdoor classes this fall. Once we have our property, we have to buy basic archery equipment. The cost for equipment is $20,000. This is where we need your help. You donation to Central Texas Archery will be 100% used to purchase bows, targets, and other essentials of shooting AND is tax deductible! We can accept donations via cash, check, or by credit card with Paypal. We will be updating our website and Facebook pages to show the progress we are making. Contact Kat at (512) 689-4103 or by email at email@example.com to make a donation.
Kat, Jessica, and Eric
Central Texas Archery